For many people, dental implants are the ideal solution to their smile woes. At Premium Dental Implants, we provide a same day dental implant solution called ‘All-on-4’ dental implants. If you are missing multiple teeth or your teeth are failing, All-on-4 dental implants can transform your smile in just one day.
How does All-on-4 work?
A minimum of four titanium dental implant posts are strategically secured to the jawbone at various angles in order to support a ten-tooth bridge. On the day the implants are fixed, you will be fitted with temporary teeth. This temporary solution will allow you to be free of your dentures as soon as you leave the practice, to be replaced with a brand-new set of teeth once the implant posts have integrated with the bone.
The fact patients can walk out of the surgery with same day implants is what has earned the All-on-4 Dental Implants the nickname, ‘smile in a day’.
How are they different to normal dental implants?
Normal dental implants require 6 and 10 implants to maintain an arch. However, All-on-4 implants only require 4 due to the carefully considered angles the implants are positioned at. Instead of a 90-degree angle which is common for normal dental implants, All-on-4 use a 45-degree angle which helps to fuse the implants together. As less implants are required, the procedure is faster and less invasive.
Why choose All-on-4 Implants instead of dentures?
Some people may not see the appeal of implants in comparison to dentures, as dentures are the cheaper option. However, All-on-4 implants remove a lot of the hassle that can arise from missing teeth. Here are some of the ways in which All-on-4 can provide a better solution.
A long-term and permanent replacement for teeth
For people suffering with failing teeth due to periodontal disease or a weakening bridge, All-on-4 implants provide a long-term, permanent solution as opposed to dentures.
Improve your confidence
Due to the difficulty dentures can cause whilst talking or eating, many people feel self-conscious and their confidence dips. All-on-4 dental implants remove these feelings of low self-esteem and provide you with a smile you can be proud of.
Eat your favourite foods again
Dentures create a limited diet for many people, as chewing becomes difficult. By switching to All-on-4 Implants, you can eat what you want again after the recovery period.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
There are numerous benefits to opting for All-on-Four dental implants, such as:
- The implants are placed on the same day the teeth are removed, meaning you are without your dentures as soon as possible and can leave with your new smile.
- In comparison to normal implants which require 6 to 10 implants, All-on-4 implants are a shorter treatment with a quick recovery time, meaning you can get back to living a normal life and eating the foods you love.
- Unlike dentures, All-on-Four dental implants do not slip or fall out. Plus, you’ll never need denture glue again.
- For people who require bone augmentation due to a receding jawbone caused by tooth loss, All-on-Four implant techniques can reduce the need for this, eliminating the extra costs included with a bone graft.
- The structure of the implants is comfortable and stable, able to support crowns and bridges.
- Just like traditional implants, the All-on-Four implants are permanently fixed in place, so, there is no need to remove them for cleaning. The implants clean just like your normal teeth and your dentist will give you special tools to floss with.
- Hugely cost-effective as a permanent solution that leaves you smiling with confidence!
What about the aftercare of All-on-4 Implants?
Patients will usually have some swelling and general discomfort in the days after the implant surgery. However, a major benefit of the All-on-4 implants is that you can have this minor operation with minimal disruption to your everyday life. Many people who choose to have the implants are back in work the very next day. All-on-4 implants are stable and comfortable in the mouth, unlike dentures. Adjustments are virtually unheard of after an implant, and normally these implants will serve you for life!
Your dentist will also give you some advice on the sorts of the foods you can and can’t eat whilst your teeth are still recovering. You may have to initially stick to soft foods so as to not bother the implant while it is fusing with the bone.
Find out more about All on Four Implants at Premium Dental Implants.